Finlake Riding Centre
Finlake Riding Centre
Hacking through 130 acres of private parkland and rolling countryside
Lessons from beginners right the way up to advanced
- YOU MUST ARRIVE 20 MINS PRIOR TO YOUR BOOKED RIDE TIME. LATENESS WILL NOT BE ACCOMMODATED AND THE RIDE WILL LEAVE WITHOUT YOU AND IS NON-REFUNDABLE. I
- It is your responsibility to allow enough travel time to arrive punctually 20 mins before your allocated ride time.
- The Sat Nav postcode to use is TQ13 0EJ, enter Finlake Holiday Park and the entrance to the Riding School is half-way up the drive on the right hand side.
- Parking is available on site.
- Please note we are not affiliated with Haufryn and have no legal attachment to them, we are an independant family-run business.
- PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS WORKING YARD THEREFORE WE WOULD ASK ALL TO WEAR SENSIBLE SUBSTANTIAL FOOTWEAR WHEN ENTERING THE YARD AND IF ESCORTING CHILDREN BOOTS MUST BE WORN.SANDALS, FLIP FLOPS, SLIDERS OR TRAINERS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE YARD. DOGS ARE NOT PERMITTED ONTO THE YARD BUT ARE TO BE KEPT IN YOUR VEHICLE - THIS IS FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL ANIMALS ON THE YARD
- IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY FOR YOU AND OUR HORSES, ALL HORSES HAVE VERY STRICT WEIGHT LIMITS PLEASE BE HONEST.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WEIGH ANYONE BEFORE RIDING. IF YOU ARE NOT ACCURATE WITH YOUR WEIGHT THIS MAY RESULT IN YOU NOT BEING ABLE TO RIDE AND NO REFUND WILL BE PROVIDED
- YOU RIDE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT HORSES ARE ANIMALS AND CAN BE UNPREDICTABLE AT TIMES.
- ANYONE WISHING TO JOIN AN EXPERIENCED RIDE MUST BE COMPETENT AND CAPABLE IN ALL PACES
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ESNURE YOU HAVE BOOKED THE CORRECT RIDE FOR YOUR CAPABILITY. YOU MUST BE TRUTHFUL ABOUT YOUR CAPABILITY, THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY, OTHER RIDERS SAFETY AND THAT OF THE HORSES. IF YOU ARE NOT TRUTHFUL AND IT IS DEEMED UNSAFE FOR YOU TO RIDE YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE AND YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND
- IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CLIENT TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE BOOKED ONTO THE CORRECT RIDE FOR YOUR ABILITY. STAFF WILL ASSESS ANYONE AT THEIR DISCRETION AND RIDES WHO ARE DEEMED A RISK TO THEMSELVES ,OUR HORSES AND OTHER CLIENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RIDE AND NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN.
Hats must be worn at all time whilst mounted. Hats must be up to current standards of PAS 015
****Safe footwear is compulsory. Shoes/boots/wellies with a suitable heel (small, broad heel with smooth sole) are appropriate for riding.****
TRAINERS, FLIP FLOPS, SLIDERS OR SANDALS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE YARD!
Hats and boots are available to borrow at no extra cost as long as socks are worn
Full - fingered gloves should be worn at al times. Gloves are available at 50p per pair and is a CASH ONLY purchase
We recommend long hair is tied up in a low pony tail at the nape of the neck.
Long comfy trousers (leggings/joggers/jeans not too tight) are recommended. No shorts and under no circumstances dresses!
Necklaces, dangly ear-rings, bracelets, protruding rings and piercings must not be worn as could cause injury. No umbrella's are allowed on the yard, all coats must be done up whilst riding and absolutely no scarves are to be worn.
**Please note this is an "all weather sport" therefore in the event of wet weather please ensure you bring suitable clothing with you.**
WE ARE UNABLE TO GIVE ANY REFUNDS FOR LATE ARRIVALS, MISSED APPOINTMENTS, CHANGE OF MINDS, WRONG RIDES BOOKED, INCORRECT WEIGHT BEING PROVIDED AND CANCELLATIONS ON YOUR PART
HORSE RIDING IS A RISK SPORT
Etiquette and Safety conditions
- We offer several different rides depending on the rider’s capability, you MUST be honest with your ability- otherwise it will endanger you and others around you. If in any doubt book a slower ride. We reserve the right to change/cancel your ride if we believe you are not at the required standard with no refund given.
- There can be hidden dangers on the ride, Horses can be startled by sudden movements, such as, Pheasants, loud noises, machinery and unfamiliar objects, Your Ride escorts and Instructors are there to help.
- Horse riding is not an amusement ride. Horses have minds of their own; you are a participant not a passenger. When you ride be in control at all times, NEVER let go of the reins or take your feet out of the stirrups.
- Do NOT mount or dismount your horse without assistance from either Staff or the Riding Centre helper’s.
- When selecting your/your Child's riding hat it must be the smallest comfortable size, snug fitting and come down to your/your Child's eye brow line. Staff can advise, assist and check the fitting. After the ride Hats MUST be put back neatly onto the shelves and Boots MUST go back into pairs in the allocated area.
- You MUST sit centrally in the saddle staying balanced at all times and do not lean to one side of the saddle.
- When on the ride leave at least one horses distance between your horse and the one in front of you.
- Clothing must be zipped or buttoned up, so they will not come undone/flap about whilst riding, do not remove/add clothing while on horseback. It is advised that shoulders and legs should be covered at all times when riding, dresses are inappropriate so long sensible clothing. No scarves are to be worn whilst riding. In the event of wet weather ensure you bring appropriate clothing. You will not be able to ride in a dress and no refund will be given.
- Do not pass your ride escort unless requested to do so.
- Cameras, jewelry and the use of mobile phones are not allowed at any time.
- Disability, medical conditions allergies and pregnancy must be notified prior to riding. Failure to do so could result in your ride being cancelled and no refund will be provided. This is for your own safety!
- Smoking is STRICTLY PROHIBITED anywhere on the yard.
- Long comfortable trousers and protective shoes with a small heel must be worn at all times when riding or walking near the horses. We can provide appropriate foot wear, make sure you are wearing socks, if not we can provide you with a pair at a cost of £1.
- You must listen and obey the instructions of the ride escorts at ALL times.
- Each horse has a VERY STRICT weight limit please be truthful when booking (if you are unsure of your weight we do have a pair of scales to use) – WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WEIGH YOU PRIOR TO RIDING. If the wrong weight is given this may result in you being unable to participate in the booking and non-refundable.
- DO NOT FEED ANY of the horses.
- Please note our speed limit is 5mph, due to free roaming animals please ensure you check under your vehicles before you leave and leave the yard slowly and cautiously.
****BY PAYING FOR YOUR RIDE YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHOWN ABOVE***
YOUR SAFTEY AND ENJOYMENT IS OUR PRIORITY